As an AWA Affiliate, you receive a username and password with which you can access affiliates-only sections of the AWA website.
Once logged in, you create and control your own workshop listing in our Affiliate Directory. Include your location to populate our map, add a photo gallery, describe the workshops you lead and announce any publications you’re excited to share. The listing is customizable and can even include testimonials from other leaders who recommend your work!
AWA affiliates also receive many other benefits:
- Browse our affiliates-only resource library for AWA-specific tools to enhance your workshop leadership and promote your work.
- Post events to the AWA Events Calendar.
- Join the conversation on the AWA Forum to connect with 200+ other affiliates. Receive support from seasoned leaders and get to know others who are doing this work.
- Enjoy discounted rates on AWA-sponsored events like our Professional Development and Writing Retreat.
- Share a 50-word classified ad, four times a year, in the AWA monthly newsletter (currently reaches over 2,000 readers). We’ll also post it to our social media feeds for added publicity.
- Share your publication news with us, whether your work appears in print or online, for inclusion in the newsletter and promotion within the AWA resource network.
- Use the AWA Affiliate logo in your advertising.
- Attend one of four complimentary Online Post-Certificate Training Sessions offered each year.
- Join a Launchpad group, facilitated by an experienced AWA leaders, to receive support and encouragement to achieve your goals.
We are also always listening to our community and using that feedback to further what we offer.
If you’re on social media, we’d love for you to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. When you post about your work, if it’s relevant to tag us, please do!
The AWA Affiliate logo is the registered trademark of Amherst Writers & Artists, a recognized symbol of the work AWA represents. Please place the logo on the home page of your website and on materials that advertise your workshops and retreats. By using the AWA logo, you claim membership in an internationally known organization with a recognized brand. Displaying the logo strengthens and supports each Affiliate.
In advertising your workshops, retreats or other events, adhere to the following language:
Mary S. Doe is an AWA Affiliate, certified to lead workshops in the AWA method as described in Writing Alone & With Others by Pat Schneider, Oxford University Press.
If in the future, you choose not to renew your Affiliate status, the wording on your advertisements would be as follows:
Mary S. Doe, certified in the AWA method, as described in Writing Alone & With Others by Pat Schneider, Oxford University Press.
As an individual or as part of an AWA Chapter that you form or join, you do not have the legal authority to train others to lead workshops using the AWA Method. The license to hold an AWA-certified Training Program lies solely with Amherst Writers & Artists.